- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 100g margarine/butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 3/4 -1 cup fresh milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
I love pecan nuts, I especially love them in cake too! I used them in this recipe here as well as in one of my favourite cakes- carrot cake. This cake is best prepared for dessert, on that cold night, serve it with custard and it will just hit the spot! Comfort food at its best 😀 If you wish you could also have it with ice-cream, obviously on a hot night! I took this recipe from my forthcoming CAKES eBook which is available end of February 2014; no wonder not many steps today. I have a lot more recipes in there which I have exclusively reserved for the eBook. Here we go;
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Loaf tin
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your loaf tin and set aside.
- Get your ingredients ready. These include 1 1/2 cup self raising flour; 1 1/2 cup plain flour; 1 tsp baking powder; 1 tsp mixed spice; 100g margarine/butter, cubed; 1/2 cup pecan nuts, chopped; 3/4- 1 cup fresh milk and 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- Sieve flours, baking powder and mixed spice into mixing bowl. Stir gently until uniform in colour.
- Rub in the margarine until a coarse crumbly texture is achieved. Add the sugar and stir until incorporated.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, i.e. milk, egg and chopped pecan nuts.
- Stir gently until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin and bake in preheat oven for 35 min or until skewer comes out clean. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Do try it out and let me know how it goes when you do. It’s a must try, especially with custard!!