- 2 x 700g Kariba Breams
- 100g plain flour
- 50g beef flavoured soup powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- Pure vegetable/ Olive oil for frying
Tasty does not begin to describe how amazing this fish was! It’s crispy on the outside yet succulent and delicate on the inside. The fantastic thing about this dish is that you will only need 3 ingredients. Well ok, actually 4, including salt :D. It is yet again another one of those dead easy recipes but the outcome, mmmmmm!!
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- 3 wide dinner plates
- Slotted spoon
- Frying pan
- Get your ingredients ready. These include 2 x 700g Kariba Breams; 100g plain flour; 50g beef flavoured soup powder;m2 eggs, beaten; 1 tsp salt and Pure vegetable/ Olive oil for frying.
- Wash, de-scale, gut and cut each fish in half horizontally.
- Combine the flour, soup powder and salt in one of the dinner plates.
- Pour the beaten egg in the other dinner plate. Dip the fish in the egg and coat it well. Shake off any excess egg, dip the fish in the seasoned flour and again shake off any excess coating. Repeat process for each piece.
- Repeat process for each piece.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the fish then immediately reduce the heat.
- Fry until golden brown, crispy and fish is cooked, turning the fish not more than two times to avoid it from breaking up.
- When the fish is cooked through and ready, put it in the other dinner plate on top of absorbent/grease proof paper for any excess oil to be absorbed by the paper. Your fish is ready. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Simple isn’t it? 🙂 Serve with your preferred starch or side such as fries and a salad. I served this with rice, peppered white sauce with parsley and a salad. All I have to say is mmmmmmmmm 😛 lol (and that’s not exaggeration). Try it and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Let me know how it goes when you do try it! Are you on my new recipe alerts mailing list? Join over 2000 home chefs who get new recipe updates by email. Click here.