- 3 cups rice
- 6 cups water + extra for when mixing
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Medium sized pot/ saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 3 cups rice
6 cups water + extra for when mixing
1 tsp salt
5 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Put your rice in a pot. Add the water. (If you want it to cook quicker you may use boiling water). Add salt and bring to a rapid boil then reduce the heat.
- As the water is getting less in the pot, continue to reduce the heat by a notch.
- Add the peanut butter in batches, together with a little bit of hot water and mix with your wooden spoon as you would do when you’re preparing sadza. (In Shona we call this kumona)
- Repeat process until the rice has been completely mixed with the peanut butter. (Tip: Each time the wooden spoon feels too heavy to move whilst mixing, add a bit of hot water and mix.)
- Let it simmer for 5 min. Enjoy with your favourite relish!