- 6 scoops Pearlenta Mealie-meal
- 2 Tbsp cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp Margarine
- 1 cup warm water
- 750ml boiling water
I know it kinda sounds crazy and maybe unheard of but yep… you can most certainly add a little flavour to your sadza (pap). Oh and it tastes good! You probably won’t be able to eat it with your lacto, but with any other relish you definitely can and will be licking your fingers to the last musuva (bite), lol! Oh but who knows, maybe you can have it with lacto, I just haven’t tried it. So if you do before i do, be sure to let me know. One more thing… you can make any flavour you like. My other favourite flavoured sadza is when using cream of vegetable soup . That one tastes yum. In fact, I ended up making mushroom flavoured sadza because I couldn’t find my cream of vegetable soup, and it turned out just great!
- Put mealie-meal in pot, add soup powder, add warm water and stir to make a paste.
- When paste is ready, add boiling water to pot whilst stirring simultaneously.
- Keep stirring until it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, start adding more mealie-meal and mix or as we say it in our vernacular (mona sadza!). When the sadza is the consistency you want add margarine and mix it again.
- Your sadza is ready, enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s it. Keep in touch for daily recipe updates by liking us on ZimboKitchen Facebook. You may also leave a comment below. Thanks!