- 400g oyster mushrooms
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
Mushrooms are a pretty tasty vegetable. However, when I was growing up I did not like mushroom, lol. I would just eat them because my mum would say you have to and not because I enjoyed them…. KIDS 😀 Anyway, mushrooms are popular with many vegetarians and am sure this recipe will become handy. It’s quite quick and easy and in 10 minutes your mushroom will be ready.Let’s start.
Your quantities are as follows – 400g oyster mushrooms,1 large carrot,1/2 onion,1/2 green pepper,3 cloves garlic,1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp ground black pepper,Oil for frying
- Wash your vegetables and peel and cut your carrots into julienne strips. Dice your onion into medium sized rings. Cut your peppers into thin strips, cut your mushrooms into thick strips and finally mince your garlic. Heat oil in pan, add your garlic and swirl. Add carrots and saute until they are just about done but still crunchy (2 min).
- Add your mushroom and stir. Add salt and black pepper and again stir.
- Add your onion rings and stir. After about 1 min, add your green pepper strips and stir. Add soy sauce, stir one more time. At this point you should be smelling the beautiful mushroom aromatic smell.
- Your stir fry is ready! You can enjoy it on it’s on or as a side dish.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to this mushroom stir fry recipe. It is also a great vegetarian dish which you should equally enjoy if you are vegetarian. Are you already signed-up to ZimboKitchen Today? If not please join my popular mailing list here so you never miss any of my recipes. You may also leave a comment in the comment box below I would be glad to hear from you.