- 3/4 punnet okra
- 400g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 large green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 large red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 large yellow pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp granulated brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 60ml white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get all your ingredients ready. These are 3/4 punnet okra; 400g chicken breast, cut into strips; 1/2 large green pepper, cut into julienne strips; 1/2 large red pepper, cut into julienne strips; 1/2 large yellow pepper, cut into julienne strips; 4 cloves garlic, chopped; 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped; 3 tbsp granulated brown sugar; 3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika, 60ml white wine vinegar and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper Give the okra a good scrub under running water.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the garlic, parsley, brown sugar, salt, ground black pepper and paprika
- Add the white wine vinegar and give a quick stir.
- Put the chicken breast in the bowl with the marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to sip into the meat.
- After 30 minutes, heat oil in pan and fry the chicken breasts.
- Fry until chicken breasts begin to brown and remove from heat, put in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the okra to the same pan, fry for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions and peppers. Stir and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Take set aside cooked chicken breast and add this to the pan. Combine everything gently and your meal is ready. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can serve this with rice or mashed potatoes. Go ahead and try it out, let me know how you find it! Come along on my mailing list and get all new recipe alerts…sign-up here.