- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- juice from one lime/lemon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp white grape vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder (with garlic)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Gather your ingredients together. Put onion rings (1 medium onion) in a bowl. Add sugar (3 tbsp brown sugar), oil (3 tbsp olive oil) and sweet chilli sauce (1 tbsp).
- Add garlic (4 cloves, minced), ground cumin (1/2 tsp), curry powder 1 tsp), salt (1 tsp), ground black pepper (1/4 tsp), water (1 cup water), soy sauce (3 tbsp) and white grape vinegar (2 tbsp). Give a quick stir, combining everything well and your marinade is ready!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
If you’re not using this right away, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days since it does not have any preservatives. Give it a go and let me know how it goes.