- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- juice from one lime/lemon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp white grape vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder (with garlic)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
This has got to be one of my best marinades yet!!! It will work well for both your red and white meats. I’m not too sure about fish yet though, I’d need to try it out on the fish and I’ll advise if it works. I used it here with t-bone steak. Like most marinades, it’s pretty easy and simple to make.
- Gather your ingredients together. Put onion rings (1 medium onion) in a bowl. Add sugar (3 tbsp brown sugar), oil (3 tbsp olive oil) and sweet chilli sauce (1 tbsp).
- Add garlic (4 cloves, minced), ground cumin (1/2 tsp), curry powder 1 tsp), salt (1 tsp), ground black pepper (1/4 tsp), water (1 cup water), soy sauce (3 tbsp) and white grape vinegar (2 tbsp). Give a quick stir, combining everything well and your marinade is ready!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
If you’re not using this right away, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days since it does not have any preservatives. Give it a go and let me know how it goes.