- 300g steak
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
Beef is a common relish here in Zimbabwe. It’s usually had as a stew in sadza nenyama (pap and meat) or with rice as a “special” treat. But there are many others ways in which one can make meat and this is just one out of a thousand!
- Gather the ingredients together. Chop your garlic finely and cut your steak into bite size pieces. Tenderize your steak by using a meat tenderizer (physical not spice). If you do not have this, the blunt part of your knife will do just fine.
- Place the tenderized meat in a bowl and add your chopped garlic and oil.
- Add lemon rind, freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix well. Refrigerate for an hour.
- After an hour, heat oil in pan, add the meat and let it cook on both sides.
- When meat is well done, it is ready to serve.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s it. Keep in touch for daily recipe updates by liking us on ZimboKitchen Facebook. You may also leave a comment below. Thanks!