- 500g game meat (kudu)
- 100g queen olives, undrained
- 1 small onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 large green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Bowl for marinating
- Cling wrap (check my online store if you need some)
Allow your game meat to defrost at room temperature.
- Chop your garlic (3 cloves, chopped) and have your queen olives (100g undrained) ready.
- Cut the meat (500g game meat, kudu) into strips and place into bowl. Pour the queen olives and garlic over the strips of meat. Mix well and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut your onion (1 small onion) into rings, green pepper (1/4 large green pepper) and carrots (1 large carrot) into julienne strips.
- After 30 minutes. Heat oil in pan, drain and discard the marinate from the meat.
- Fry the strips until they begin to brown, de-glazing the pan with white vinegar as you go.
- Add onion rings and sweat them for about a minute. Add carrots and allow them to cook to 3 minutes, stirring as you go. Finally add the green pepper strips and cook for 2 minutes. Your meat is ready!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Serve this with anything really! Potatoes, pasta, rice or sadza will go well with this. So do give it a go and let me know how you find it. If you can’t find game meat, you can still use a tender beef steak. Please note that whichever meat your choose to use, IT HAS TO BE TENDER!! Finally, I hope you are accessing my new recipe alerts by email. If not please sign-up here today.