- 500g Ox Liver, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 50g butter/margarine
- 2 leeks, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- white wine/water to deglaze pan
Ox Liver is one of those meats that I like to have in the freezer for those times where you want to make a quick meal or you’ve just received unexpected visitors. You can quickly whip up something that will be filling and tasty too. Here’s one way of preparing Ox liver. Remember one important thing when preparing liver is to remove the membrane. The membrane can be quite chewy and cause you or your guests fail to enjoy the meal.
- Gather the ingredients you’ll be using together. Melt butter/ margarine (50g) in pan. Add the liver (500g, cut into strips) and garlic (2 cloves, chopped) and fry until it begins to brown.
- Add leeks (2, diced) and stir. Add onions (1 small onion, diced) and cook for about a minute. Add peppers (1/4 red pepper, cut into strips) and soy sauce (1 tsp) and fry for another minute to get the peppers cooked through. Season with salt (1 1/4 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp ground black pepper) and you’re done!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Serve this with your favourite starch or with rolls even for a light meal. You can also wash and pat dry your liver then soak it in milk for at least 30 minutes – 2hrs before cooking for a tastier liver. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out in your kitchen.