- 500g Ox Liver, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 50g butter/margarine
- 2 leeks, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- white wine/water to deglaze pan
- Gather the ingredients you’ll be using together. Melt butter/ margarine (50g) in pan. Add the liver (500g, cut into strips) and garlic (2 cloves, chopped) and fry until it begins to brown.
- Add leeks (2, diced) and stir. Add onions (1 small onion, diced) and cook for about a minute. Add peppers (1/4 red pepper, cut into strips) and soy sauce (1 tsp) and fry for another minute to get the peppers cooked through. Season with salt (1 1/4 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp ground black pepper) and you’re done!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Serve this with your favourite starch or with rolls even for a light meal. You can also wash and pat dry your liver then soak it in milk for at least 30 minutes – 2hrs before cooking for a tastier liver. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out in your kitchen.