- 3 1/2 cups Pearlenta High Fibre Meal with Maize Bran
- Cold water to make a paste
- 750 ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
What you’ll need
- Medium sized pot
- Wooden spoon
- With your ingredients ready; 3 1/2 cups Pearlenta High Fibre Meal with Maize Bran
Cold water to make a paste
750 ml boiling water
1 tbsp margarine/butter
- Put 1 1/2 cups mealie-meal in pot. Add enough cold water to make a paste. Put pot on stove and add boiling water whilst stirring simultaneously.
- Keep stirring until rakukwata (it’s boiling). Cover pot, and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the margarine or butter if you prefer that.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of mealie-meal bit by bit and as we say it in our vernacular, mona sadza(mix). Be sure to do it well (ensuring there are not lumps).
- When it’s just about to reach the consistency you want, cover it rishinyire(loosely translated- let is simmer) for 5 minutes. Your sadza is ready. Serve with your preferred relish. Here I served with pork and veg mix.