- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 stems shallots
- 1 cup pecan nuts
Experimenting, experimenting, experimenting! I think my middle name should have been experimenting, lol. Okay but seriously, most of the dishes that are there now that we love so much came about because someone was experimenting with ingredients in the kitchen. So it is with this recipe. Pecan nuts are one of my favourite nuts in the “nuts family”. I also especially love them when baking. So anyway, this rice is quick to prepare and the taste is fantastic! Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as my family does.
- Gather ingredients together. Wash shallots and cut them up finely. Put rice in pot or rice cooker (whichever your prefer).
- Wash and rinse rice until water’s no longer milky. Add water. If using pot to cook, dip index finger in pot, water level should be in between the two lines on your index finger. Add salt.
- Partially cover pot and bring it to the boil. Reduce heat and let the rice cook. While the rice is cooking, chop pecan nuts and put them in pan.
- Roast nuts until done (about 2 minutes). Check if rice is ready and fluff it up using a fork. Add shallots to rice.
- Mix the rice and shallots well. Add pecan nuts and mix well. Ready to serve.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s it. Keep in touch for daily recipe updates by liking us on ZimboKitchen Facebook. You may also leave a comment below. Thanks!