- 1 x 125g Royal Ocean pilchards in chilli sauce
- 6 medium-large tomatoes
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Heatproof dish
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 x 125g Royal Ocean pilchards in chilli sauce
6 medium-large tomatoes
1/4 small onion, chopped
1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
1/4 medium red pepper, chopped
1/4 medium yellow pepper, chopped
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the top part of the tomatoes. Using a table/teaspoon, scoop out the tomato flesh and seeds. (You may reserve them for use in a seperate recipe)
- Separate the pilchards from the sauce. Put the pilchards in a bowl and break them up gently into bite size pieces.
- Add the onion, peppers, salt and pepper for seasoning. Give a gentle mix then scoop this mixture into the tomatoes.
- Top each stuffed tomato with the grated cheese. If baking, place tomatoes in heatproof dish. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or just until the cheese begins to melt. Enjoy! (Alternatively, you could bake these at the same temeperature for about 15 min, then add the cheese and bake for a furthe 5 min. This is if you preferred your tomato to be cooked a little).