- 450g Pork Shoulder
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp granulated white/brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp oil for frying
- Get your ingredients ready. These are tomatoes (2 tomatoes, chopped), onions (1/2 medium onion, chopped), garlic (3 cloves, crushed), granulated sugar (4 tbsp, white/brown sugar) and the pork shoulder (450g). Cut your pork shoulder into medium sized cubes and season with salt and ground black pepper. Heat oil in pan. Add the garlic and give a quick swirl to give the oil a garlic flavour. Immediately add the pork and fry. As soon as it is about to brown, add your granulated sugar and stir for another 2 minutes until you get a nice brown colour on the meat.
- Add the onions and saute them for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, stir then close the pan and simmer until the tomatoes are tender and done. You may add a little bit of water if you wish or soup powder to add to the soup. And your pork stew with a hint of sweetness is ready. Enjoy with any of your favourite starch dish.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Pretty simple right? Go ahead and try it and remember to come back and give me your feedback on how you fared.