- 400g steak mince
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 medium sized green pepper
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1 clove garlic
Mince is one meat that I always have to have in my freezer. There’s so much you can do with it and it’s one of the fastest meats that you can prepare. You need such meats readily available in your fridge for those times when vanyarikani “respectable” visitors arrive announced and they’re hungry! This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and will always save the day!
1. Gather ingredients together.
2. Chop your onion (1/2 medium sized onion), green pepper (1/4 medium sized green pepper), tomatoes (2 tomatoes) and garlic (1 clove) finely. Heat some oil in the pan. When the oil is warm, add your garlic and swirl it around for 10 seconds. Immediately add your steak mince.
3. Break lumps (if any) in mince (400g steak mince) and stir. Add salt (1/2 tsp) and black pepper (1/2 tsp) and continue stirring.
4. Add mixed herbs and curry and stir. Brown the mince, stirring occasionally.
5. When mince has browned-up, add onions and stir until onions are done (about 2 minutes).
6. Add tomatoes and stir until they’re done (another 2 minutes) then add green pepper and stir. If you desire, add soup powder directly into the pot.
7. Pour cold or lukewarm water directly onto soup to prevent lumps forming from the soup powder. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes. Your meal is ready. Serve with mash potato and mixed vegetables.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Let me know how it goes in your kitchen. Leave me a comment below!