- 3.5 kg potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 50 ml pure vegetable oil
- 4 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
I love potatoes. They have got to be one of my favorite starches!! There’s just so much you can do with them. From crispy fries (commonly known as machips by most Zimbabweans 😀 ) to mashed potatoes, potato croquettes and even potato gratin, among many other things. These roast potatoes have a little kick added to them- garlic, ginger, mixed herbs and ground black pepper.
- Wash and peel potatoes (3.5 kg) then cut each potato into quarters, putting them in a bowl with water to avoid discoloration. Take a separate bowl and put your chopped garlic (2 cloves) and chopped ginger (1 tsp) then add your pure vegetable oil (50 ml).
- Add mixed herbs (3 tsp) and stir. Add salt (2 tsp) and ground black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl with garlic and oil.
- Give it another quick stir until everything is mixed. Get back to your potatoes, drain and pat dry them then return them to your bowl. Spoon your garlic and mixed herbs mixture onto the potatoes then mix everything up until each potato quarter is coated with the mixture.
- Put potatoes in oven tray. Sprinkle 1 more teaspoon of the dried mixed herbs onto the potatoes then grill-bake at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas mark 6 for 1 hour 20 minutes or until they are well done and golden brown.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
I hope you will enjoy making this recipe just as much as I did. It was fun working on it and getting these results out.