- 1 punnet okra
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp steak and chops spice
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Roasting tray
- Foil paper
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Have your okra (1 punnet/packet) and the rest of the ingredients ready which are 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp steak and chops spice, 1 tsp cajun seasoning (optional), 1 1/2 tbsp pure vegetable oil and 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
- Wash and pat dry the okra. Cut off the back stumps on the okra. Put your okra in a bowl, add the spices, garlic, salt and oil. Mix with your hands until the okra is coated evenly in the spices and oil.
- Line your roasting tray with foil paper. Grease with a little oil Add your seasoned okra. Roast in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 3 for 30 min or until cooked through an tender.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
If you’re among those who don’t like the traditional way of preparing derere you may as well try this out, peradventure you may like it! Let me know how it goes when you’ve tried this out.