- 1 kg chicken portions
- 1 cup rooibos tea (black, without sugar!)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- Marinating container
- 1 cup
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Oven tray
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 kg chicken portions
1 cup rooibos tea (black, without sugar!)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp tomato sauce
- Put all the ingredients into your marinating container, excluding the chicken. Give a quick mix until combined and set aside.
- Remove the skin from your chicken and cut two horizontal slits on each piece. This is to allow more flavour to permeate through the meat, even right to the bone.
- Put the chicken pieces into the marinade. Ensure that the pieces are covered by the marinade. Close the marinating container and marinate for at least 2 hrs or even up to 24 hrs.
- When the marinating time has elapsed, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on an oven tray. Grill at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 min- 1 hr or until browned and cooked through. Enjoy!