- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pure vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 360 Degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 6. Grease a 9 inch baking tin and line it with greaseproof paper and grease that too.
- Put sugar in bowl, add eggs, vanilla essence and oil.
- Mix well then add milk. Mix well then with your sieve on top of the bowl and pour the flour onto the sieve.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate soda to the flour on the sieve then sift.
- With the sifted ingredients added to the bowl that has the batter, mix well. Add hot water then switch to using a whisk and whisk, breaking any lumps that may have formed.
- Peel the bananas then slice them up. Mash the bananas then fold them into the chocolate cake batter and whisk one final time.
- With your chocolate banana cake batter ready, pour it into your prepared cake tin and bake for 55 minutes or until done (when a skewer or toothpick comes out clean after being inserted in the cake.) Enjoy with a cuppa or as a dessert with ice-cream or custard.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
This is really a simple and straight forward chocolate and banana cake. You can serve it with custard for dessert or with a cup of tea or coffee on a rainy day or cold day, for that matter, it’s really up to you. Would you please join us on our regular newsletter – ZimboKitchen Today. I will send to your inbox my latest recipes. Be sure to confirm your subscription in your inbox as soon as you subscribe. Thanks very much and by the way I would also love to here from you below in comment box about this recipe. Thanks!