- 700g potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Medium sized pot
- Potato peeler
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients ready (700g potatoes; 1/2 medium onion, chopped; 2 large tomatoes, chopped; 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil and 1/2 tsp salt). Wash, scrub and peel your potatoes. Chop the onion and tomatoes.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes and put them in a pot with enough water to just about cover the potatoes.
- Add chopped onion and tomatoes to pot.
- Add salt and pure vegetable oil. Give everything a quick stir using your wooden spoon.
- Close pot and boil for about 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through but somewhat tender (we’re not looking for mashed potatoes!) Stir occasionally during the 25- 30 min to ensure that no potatoes stick to the bottom of the pot and end up being burnt.
- Your potato stew is ready! Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to the dish. It’s very simple to do yet tasty. Let me know how you find it when you try it out. Sign-up here for fresh recipe alerts by email.