- 10 rape leaves, stalks removed
- 8 spinach leaves, stalks removed
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 medium celery stalks
- 4 granny smith apples, cored
- 1 medium lemon, peeled
- 5 cm ginger, peeled
- 1/2 cup parsley, stalks removed
It wasn’t about the craze of detox that inspired me, but a better understanding that the body is really capable of repairing itself even in the face of the many poisons we all throw at it most of the time. It just requires a good supply of plant nutrients. If you think about the non-communicable diseases that have invaded Zimbabwean society, this can only be a good choice.
This is no medical advice, but if you struggle with certain health issues such as being overweight, headaches, allergies, diabetes and so on, without quitting your meds, go crazy on this juice for a sustained period of time and evaluate the results.
You are likely to find the first one or two glasses of this detox juice completely out of your comfort zone. The reason is most people take lots of sugar and other things before or never getting to detox.
If you keep at it you will soon discover a taste for the juice and from then on you will discover a lasting taste for it, at least that’s how its been with me. I certainly plan to carry on and make it a lifestyle, but that won’t overall stop me from cooking and eating what I enjoy eating.
Below is a list of ingredients in this detox juice. Next to each ingredient I have done a little research for you on the health benefits that awaits hopefully to get you trying it out.
- Rape– promotes bone strength, high in Vit A which is good for your eyes and detoxifies your liver and more…
- Spinach– a great source of numerous vitamins including vit C, K, B2, B6 and many others which have amazing health benefits for our bodies especially the good health of our hearts.
- Cucumber– helps you stay hydrated, promotes brain health and helps maintain a healthy weight.
- Celery– promotes the good health of your heart, liver, skin and eyes. Celery is also great for weight loss.
- Granny Smith Apple– high in dietary fibre which among other things promotes the good health of your digestive system, high in Vit C which boosts the immune system.
- Ginger– promotes healthier looking skin, powerful benefits for the brain and lowers blood sugars and heart disease risk factors.
- Lemon– promotes weight loss, radiant skin and again, boosts the immune system.
- Parsely– supports kidney function by flushing out excess fluid from the body, promotes bone health and is an excellent source of vital vitamins C, B12, A and K.
This is just the tip of the ice-berg but as you can see, there’s nothing but goodness that you’ll be bringing to your body when you drink this juice. For more inspiration visit this page. Let’s get to it.
- Chopping board
- Chopping board
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 10 rape leaves, stalks removed
8 spinach leaves, stalks removed
2 medium cucumbers
4 medium celery stalks
4 granny smith apples, cored
1 medium lemon, peeled
5 cm ginger, peeled
1/2 cup parsley, stalks removed
- Feed the vegetables into the juicer in no particular order. When done, give a quick mix and you’re done. Enjoy!