- 1 kg beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 cup fresh/frozen peas
- Oil for frying
Resources You Will Need
- Good sized pot
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 kg beef; 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped; 1 small onion, finely chopped; 2 large tomatoes, chopped; 1 tsp salt; 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning; 1/2 tsp curry powder; 2 medium carrots, cubed; 1 cup fresh/frozen peas and Oil for frying.
- Heat oil in pot. Add beef, garlic, salt, and the garlic and herb seasoning. Fry until the meat is a lovely brown colour.
- Add enough water to just cover the meat and reduce heat. Allow to simmer gently and slowly until meat is tender.
- When the water is finished, add the onions and curry powder. Fry for 2 min. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 min or until the tomatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Add soup powder and water paste. Simmer for 5 min. Add the carrots and peas and simmer for another 5 min, stirring regularly. Enjoy!
You can serve this with your preferred starch which can be sadza, rice, potatoes or bread even! You can still have more vegetables as a side dish in addition to the carrots and peas.