- 400g Spaghetti
- 600g Fat free mince
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 can tinned tomatoes (410g)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 60 ml water
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- oil for frying
Spaghetti Bolognaise is a somewhat well known dish here in Zimbabwe. It is one of the pasta dishes that Zimbabweans enjoy together with other pasta dishes such as Macaroni and Cheese, Lasagne and noodles just to name a few. There’s nothing complicated really to this dish, it’s just your spaghetti, the mince and some Parmesan cheese grated on top. Okay, let’s get to it.
- Prepare your spaghetti, learn how to do so here. Get your other ingredients ready. These are garlic (2 cloves, chopped), fresh ginger (1 tsp, chopped), green pepper (1/2, chopped), tinned tomatoes (410 g), onions (1/2 onion, chopped), fat free mince (600 g, fat free), salt (1 tsp), ground black pepper (1/4 tsp), water (60 ml), Worcestershire sauce (1 tsp), tomato puree (2 tbsp) and dried mixed herbs (3 tsp). Heat oil in pan, add your garlic and ginger and give a quick swirl.
- Add chopped onions and green pepper. Saute onions until they are translucent (about 2 mins). Add the mince and fry until it has browned up.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree, water and salt, ground black pepper, dried mixed herbs and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Your mince is ready. When serving, spoon this over your spaghetti and grate some Parmesan cheese on top. Bon Appetite!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Please come back and share how it goes in your kitchen with this dish. I really hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. I hope you are now signed-up to my mailing list to receive new recipes by email. If not please take a minute to do it HERE so you never miss a recipe if when you are unable to check-in on the site. Thanks for reading this recipe!