- 1 kg chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh 1/2 bunch spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g Feta cheese
- 250g bacon
- Oil for frying
- Oil brushing
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Oven tray
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Heavy duty foil paper
- Get ingredients together. These are 1 kg chicken breast; 1/2 medium onion, chopped; 3 cloves garlic, chopped; 1 tsp fresh thyme; 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped; Fresh 1/2 bunch spinach, chopped; 1/2 tsp salt; 100 g Feta cheese; 250 g bacon; Oil for frying and Oil brushing
- Line your oven tray with heavy duty foil paper and grease it lightly with some oil.
- Put oil, onions, garlic, thyme and basil in frying pan. Saute on low heat for 3 min, stirring regularly.
- Add the spinach and salt. Increase heat to medium-low. Fry for 3-5 min and remove from heat.
- Break the feta cheese into the pan and mix.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 3. Take one chicken breast. Make a “pocket” for the stuffing by cutting it in half horizontally, making sure you don’t cut it all the way through (leaving sort of a flap).
- Put the spinach and feta stuffing on the one half of the cut breast. Close it up with the other half.
- Season the breast with salt. Wrap the stuffed breast with bacon the secure edges with toothpicks. Place the stuffed, wrapped chicken onto the lined greased oven tray. Repeat process with each chicken breast until they are finished.
- Brush each wrapped, stuffed chicken breast with oil. Bake in preheat oven for 45-60 min or until chicken is browned and cooked. Allow to rest before slicing. Enjoy!
That’s all there is to it. Easy to do, fantastic results. Give it a go and let me know how you find it in the comments below.