- 1 x 425 g Royal Oceans Pilchards in tomato sauce
- 8 medium potatoes, mashed and seasoned
- 1/2 spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium red pepper, chopped
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- A little oil for drizzling
- Chopping board
- Sharp Knife
- Oven tray
- Heavy duty foil paper (optional)
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 x 425 g Royal Oceans Pilchards in tomato sauce
8 medium potatoes, mashed and seasoned
1/2 spring onion, chopped
1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
1/4 medium yellow pepper, chopped
1/4 medium red pepper, chopped
50 g cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup breadcrumbs
A little oil for drizzling
- Line the oven tray with the heavy duty foil paper. Drizzle a little oil onto the foil paper and set aside. Put the breadcrumbs into a wide plate and set aside.
- Separate the pilchards from the sauce and break them up gently. Put all the remaining ingredients, save for the oil and pilchards sauce, into the bowl.
- Give a quick mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Take a tablespoonful of the mixture. Roll it into a ball the gently and carefully flatten it into a patty.
- Take the set aside plate with breadcrumbs and coat the patty with the breadcrumbs. Place the patty onto the prepare oven tray. Repeat process until the mixture is finished.
- Drizzle a little oil onto each patty and bake in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!