- 1 x 425 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce
- 8 slices brown/ wholewheat bread
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- Butter/Margarine to spread
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- Griddle/ Regular frying pan
- Table knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 8 slices brown/ wholewheat bread
1 x 425 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 small onion, chopped
Butter/Margarine to spread
2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- Separate the pilchards from the sauce, putting them in a separate bowl. Gently break them up with a fork, leaving them a bit chunky.
- Add the onion and tomato. Combine gently and set aside.
- Spread butter or margarine on your bread slices. Sprinkle some sugar onto each slice.
- Preheat your pan on the stove top. Place a slice of bread with the buttered side facing down. Add the pilchards, onion and tomato mix. Cover the sandwich with another slice of bread, the buttered side facing upwards.
- Allow the bottom slice to get toasted, flip it over and cook for a few minutes until the slice is also toasted.
- Remove from heat, repeat process until all the sandwiches are done. Enjoy!