- 1 punnet green beans
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp canola/pure vegetable oil
- 4 rashers bacon (optional)
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Microwave safe bowl/saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include 1 punnet green beans; 1/2 medium onion; 1/2 medium red pepper; 2 tsp chopped garlic; 2 tbsp water; 1 tbsp canola/pure vegetable oil and 4 rashers bacon (optional).
- Break off the ends from the green beans. Put them in the microwave safe bowl and add water. Steam them in the microwave for 2 min. Alternatively you could do this on the stove top using the saucepan for the same amount of time.
- Cut your bacon into any shape you wish, same as the pepper and onion.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the bacon and fry until browned.
- Add the onion, garlic and pepper. Fry for 2 min. Add the steamed green beans to the pan.
- Fry for a further minute. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!
There you have it. Do give it a go and let me know how it goes down in your kitchen in the comments below.