- 600g pork trotters
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tin canned tomatoes
- 400ml water
- 3 tbsp Oil for frying
- Wash your trotters under warm running water. Get your other ingredients ready which are onions (1/2 chopped), garlic (2 cloves chopped), ginger (1 tsp chopped), 1 tin canned tomatoes (410g), curry powder (2 tsp) salt (1 tsp), soy sauce (1 tsp), Worcestershire sauce (1 tsp), Tomato sauce (1 tsp), oil for frying (3 tbsp). Put your pork trotters (400g) in a pot and add water (400ml) and salt.
- Partly cover your pot then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to the lowest part of your cooker and let it simmer away slowly until trotters are tender and well cooked through (on my cooker this took about 4.5 hrs). When your trotters are done, add your oil
- Increase your heat again, add garlic and ginger and stir for about a minute. Add onions and curry powder and stir until your onions are just about done (2 min). Add tomatoes, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce and stir. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min to allow the flavors to mix and mingle.
- There you have it, your trotters are ready!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
There you have your trotters to go with sadza and some veggies. I hope you find it enjoyable to prepare this Zimbabwean traditional dish. It’s really a filling combination of sadza and mazondo as many would know. A gentle call for you to join my regular recipe newsletter – ZimboKitchen Today. I send any new recipe to your inbox via this method. Please sign-up here. Ensure you confirm your subscription in your inbox immediately after signing-up. Best!