- 200g cake flour
- 170g castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- 1 cup milk
- Mixing bowl
- Ring Doughnut tray (see picture below)
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring scale
- Get your ingredients together namely 200g cake flour, 170g castor sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder,¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, Zest of 1 lemon, ¾ cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, lightly beaten,2 teaspoons butter, melted, 1 tsp lemon essence and 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease doughnut pan, set aside.
- Put sugar, salt and lemon zest into mixing bowl. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the same mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients, i.e. buttermilk, essence, eggs and butter. Beat until just combined.
- Fill each doughnut cup approximately 3/4 full.
Bake in preheat oven for 10 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
- Roll each doughnut in the castor sugar and enjoy!
They last a few days in an airtight container or a few weeks in the freezer, without the glaze.