- 400g pork steak
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 Large Green pepper
- 1/4 Large Red Pepper
- 1/4 Large Yellow Pepper
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Pure vegetable Oil for frying
Sweet and sour pork is one of those Chinese dishes that many of us Zimbabweans quickly got accustomed to. In fact, when my husband and I were still dating, this was one of the dishes we’d order when we went to a Chinese take out. It’s quite easy to prepare and is usually accompanied by sweet and sour sauce.
- Cut pork into fairly sized cubes. Add 3/4 of the garlic and ginger, then add salt and ground black pepper. Add olive oil and mix well. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, add soy sauce, mix and refrigerate for another 2 hours. After 2 hours, coat each pork cube in cornflour.
- Heat oil in pan, add coated pork cubes to the heated oil and brown the pork. When pork is done, set aside and begin to prepare your sweet and sour sauce.
- When your sauce is ready, cut your red, green and yellow peppers into julienne strips and dice your onion. Heat oil in pan, add garlic, onion and green pepper.
- Add red pepper, yellow pepper and stir. Reduce heat then add the sweet and sour sauce.
- Finally, fold in your set aside browned and crispy pork cubes, stir, cover pan and let simmer for 3 mins. Your pork’s ready. Bon Appetite!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
This is it. Let me know how it goes in your kitchen. You may also let me know what you think about this recipe by leaving your comment below. In case you are not yet part of my newsletter – ZimboKitchen Today – please be my special guest and sign-up here. Just remember to verify your subscription in your inbox soon after sign up start receiving my recipes by email. I appreciate your joining. Take care and enjoy.