- 1 kg pork spare ribs
- 110ml sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tsp salt
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Container with lid for marinating
- Pyrex or oven-proof dish
- Heavy duty foil paper
- Preaheat oven to 180degrees Celsius. 360 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re preparing your own sweet and sour sauce begin with this. CLICK HERE to learn how do so.Put your ribs in your container for marinating.
- Generously spread the sweet and sour sauce on the ribs. Season with salt.
- Close the container firmly and refrigerate for at least 3 hours for the flavours to sip into the meat and bones. (The longer you can marinate it for, the better and more intense the flavour will be.)
- After your marinating time, your meat will be ready to be cooked.
- Line your baking sheet/oven-proof dish with heavy duty foil paper. Heavy duty foil paper is the best when grilling/baking. Light weight foil paper will tear up and won’t work for this purpose.
- Tear another separate sheet of heavy duty foil paper and place the ribs on the centre.
- Place the ribs on the lined baking sheet/oven-proof dish. Fold the foil paper and seal the ribs inside. This is so that your ribs get cooked through whilst remaining juicy at the same time. It also ensures that the flavour is intensified during the cooking. Put in preheat oven and grill for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour of cooking, add more sweet and sour sauce and massage it into the meat. Return the meat into the oven and grill for a further 15 minutes or until a beautiful caramelized colour is achieved. This time do not cover the ribs with the foil to ensure the heat caramelizes (browns) the meat.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
It’s pretty easy to follow through isn’t it. Serve with fries and a salad. Give it a go and let me know how it goes down with you. Sign-up for new recipe alerts here