- 250 g Boerewors
- 1/2 punnet oyster mushroom, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- Handful green beans
- 1/2 medium butternut, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 big clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
P.S: To julienne is to cut your food (usually meat and or vegetables) into short or long, thin strips.
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Frying pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 250 g Boerewors
1/2 punnet oyster mushroom, julienned
1 large carrot, julienned
Handful green beans
1/2 medium butternut, julienned
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1 big clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (optional).
- Cut the sausage into about 3 cm pieces.
- Heat oil in pan. Fry the sausage for about 10 min or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the onion and garlic for 1 min. Add the green beans, carrots and butternut. Add salt and sugar. Fry for 3 min, stirring frequently.
- Add the mushroom and allow to cook for a further 2-3 min, again stirring occasionally. Return the sausage to the pan. Add Worcestershire Sauce and stir for a min. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!