- 250g Macaroni, cooked
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 Stems Shallots
- 400ml Fresh cream
- 250ml Fresh milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 60g margarine/butter
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs plus 2 tbsp melted margarine
Please note, for this recipe you will need cooked macaroni. To learn how to cook macaroni follow this link.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5. Gather your ingredients together. These are butter/margarine (60g), plain flour (1/4 cup), mustard powder (1 tsp), shallots (2 stems), fresh cream (400 ml), milk (250 ml), cheddar cheese (3 cups, grated), salt (1/2 tsp), ground black pepper (1/4 tsp) and cooked macaroni (250g). Combine flour and mustard powder. Melt margarine/butter in a good sized pot then add the flour mixed with mustard powder.
- Give a quick stir then immediately add milk and fresh cream whilst stirring simultaneously. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add 2 out of the three cups of cheese and stir until it has melted. Add the macaroni and coat well with the creamy cheese sauce. Add the shallots and mix well.
- Get your casserole dish ready and grease it. Pour your macaroni in creamy cheese sauce into the casserole dish. Sprinkle seasoned breadcrumbs (1/2 cup) tossed lightly in melted margarine (2 tbsp) over the macaroni. Finally, top all this up the remaining cup cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy your Mac n’ cheese!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You can serve this with a tasty roast chicken and a crispy lettuce salad or steamed mixed vegetables. Do give this a try and let me know how it went down. Never miss any of my recipes. Sign-up here for my mailing list which I use to announce new recipes published on the site.