- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 green pepper ball
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp curry powder
I know this sounds like a weird combination but it actually tastes good! The sweetness from the banana and the crunchiness from the peanuts combined with the soft rice all goes down well with the taste buds. For some it may be an acquired taste but it’s good and nutritious.
- Step 1 is to roast your peanuts. You can check it out here on Aurther’s Roasted Shelled Nuts (Nzungu Dzaka kangwa).
- Wash and rinse rice. Put it on stove or in rice cooker and add water. Add margarine and curry powder. Cover and let it cook. When cooked, fluff it up with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, peel and cut bananas into medium-sized slices. Squeeze half a lemon and pour the juice over the bananas.
- When the rice is ready and you’ve fluffed it up, add the sliced bananas and mix. Add the roasted nuts and mix well.
- Chop the green pepper finely and add to the rice. Mix well. Bon Appetite.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s it. Keep in touch for daily recipe updates by liking us on ZimboKitchen Facebook. You may also leave a comment below. Thanks!