- 200g margarine
- 200g castor sugar
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 400g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 240ml fresh milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5. Get you ingredients ready. These are castor sugar (200g), eggs (2), unsalted peanuts (1 cup), peanut butter (4 tbsp), self-raising flour (400g), baking powder (1 tsp), milk (240ml) and margarine (200g). Put margarine in your mixing bowl and using a hand held mixer, mix until it is lighter in colour. Add 3 tbsp peanut butter and mix until it is combined well.
- Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix then set bowl aside.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add 3/4 of the chopped peanuts to it and mix until it’s well combined. Take set aside bowl and add half the flour and half the milk.
- Mix well then switch to using a wooden spoon. Add the rest of the flour and milk and mix well. Grease your baking tin and pour your peanut butter batter into the cake tin. Bake for 40-45mins or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake.
- Cook cake on cooling rack for 15 minutes before removing it from the tin. When cake is still slightly warm, spread some peanut butter on top and sprinkle the remaining chopped peanuts on top. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Pretty simple right? For that day when you’re craving for cake, why don’t you give this one a go and remember to leave feedback on how it all went. Let’s keep in touch by email. Sign-up here to receive my recipes by email. This is helpful to know what’s new on the blog even when you are unable to check-in on the site. As always your comments are most welcome below. Thanks!