- 1 medium tomato, chopped into cubes
- 100g Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2-3 fresh leaves basil, chopped
I really enjoyed this salad. It had a refreshing touch to it coming from the tomatoes and the mozzarella with onions and basil complemented the whole dish so well. You can serve this with your preferred starch, save for sadza of course! It will also work well as a side at a braai, just ensure the hot meat does not come in touch with the cheese …. for obvious reasons 😀 !
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Salad bowl/plate
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients ready.
- Put your tomatoes and red onion in the bowl/plate.
- Add your mozzarella cheese.
- Mix gently with your tablespoon. Garnish with the basil.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
You may add your own homemade salad dressing just before serving. This will consist of 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp pure vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Give these ingredients a quick mix before pouring it onto your salad. You could also still enjoy it as it is without the dressing. Give it a go and let me know how it goes with you.