- 1kg knuckle bones
- 3medium tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tomato soup powder + 30 ml water
Equipment You Will Need
- a pot
- chopping board
- Chop your tomatoes (3 medium) and onion (1/2 small).
- Wash your knuckle bones (1 kg). Add water, enough to just cover the bones. Add salt (1 1/2 tsp) and garlic (1 clove)er pot and bring it to the boil.
- As soon as it boils, reduce heat and bring the pot to a gentle simmer. Simmer until the meat and cartilage on the bones is tender. (about 5 hours)
- When the water is just about finished and the bones are done, add the chopped onion and tomato.
- Cover pot again and let this simmer for about 10 minutes, so the onions and tomatoes may be well cooked.
- Stir in soup powder ‘paste’ ( 1 tbsp tomato soup powder + 30 ml water) simmer for a further 5 minutes and your knuckle bones are ready to be served!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
As pictured above, this is how we normally have our knuckle bones- with sadza and some rape (kale) veggies. So in case you were wondering how to prepare knuckle bones, this will most certainly be a great place to start. Let me know how it goes when you try it out.