- 1 kg pork trotters
- 600 ml water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 whole cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- Oil for frying
- 3 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Good sized pot
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include 1 kg pork trotters; 600ml water; 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce; 1 tsp salt; 4 whole cloves garlic; 4 tbsp tomato sauce; 1/2 medium onion, chopped; 3 large tomatoes, chopped; Oil for frying; 3 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped and 1 tsp curry powder.
- Heat oil in pot. Add the pork trotters and salt. Fry until browned.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce and the garlic cloves. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer until tender and the water is finished. Add onions and curry powder. Fry for 2 min.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon juice. Cook until very tender.
- Add a little bit of water and tomato sauce. Allow mixture to simmer for a further 10 min on low heat. Sprinkle some spring onion just before serving.
Pretty easy to make right… Do give it a go and let me know how it goes in your kitchen.