- 350g hupfu weGorosi (Wheat meal)
- 700ml boiling water
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Good sized pot
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Put about 150g of the wheat meal into the pot.
- Add just enough cold water to make a paste then add the boiling water (700ml) and stir whilst on the stove top and bring it to the boil. (If it seems too thick you may add more boiling water. If it seems too thin, make a paste again in a separate plate then pour it into the pot)
- As soon as it starts boiling, reduce heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes with 5 min intervals of stirring..
- After 20 minutes, add the remaining wheat meal a bit at a time, mixing well after each addition. In shona we call this kumona sadza.
- Close the pot and let it simmer again (kushinyira) for 5 minutes and your sadza regorosi is ready.