- 400g Puff Pastry (home-made or store bought)
- 1 punnet button/oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 100g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- Fresh herbs of your choice for garnish (optional)
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Muffin tray
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include 1 punnet button/oyster mushrooms, chopped; 1/4 large red pepper, chopped; 1/4 large yellow pepper, chopped; 1/4 large green pepper, chopped; 2 medium carrots, chopped; 1 tsp salt; 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper; 1 tsp garlic, 100g mozzarella cheese, grated; 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil and fresh herbs (optional).
- Heat oil in pan. Add carrots and garlic. Saute for a minute. Add peppers, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Fry for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Lay the puff pastry flat on your working area. Cut it into 5 equal strips.
- Cut these five strips in half to produce 10 rectangles. Gently fit each pastry rectangle into each muffin hole of the muffin tray.
- Combine the stir-fried vegetable with cheese. Spoon this mixture into each pastry-filled muffin hole.
- Bake in preheat oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry in a lovely golden brown colour. Garnish with fresh herbs.Enjoy!
That’s all there is to them! Do give them a go and let me know how you find them in the comments below.