- Pizza Dough
- Pizza Base Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 1 large carrot
- 3 tbsp green olives in brine, sliced
- 3 tbsp pure vegetable/ olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced into rings
- 200g Italian Mozzarella Cheese, grated
My family and I more than enjoyed for pizza. It was finger-licking good and everyone wanted a second helping 🙂 It was also enjoyable to make as my two daughters aged 6yrs and 5 yrs also helped in preparing it. This is probably my favourite of the pizzas I’ve made…. YET!
Some points to note when making pizza- Roll out your dough to about 1-2 cm thin. If it’s a thick crust it may be difficult for it to cook through properly. Apply the pizza base sauce only when it has cooled down. Add the toppings, again, only when they have cooled down.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Good pizza pan (check my online store if you need one)
- Pizza cutter or suitable kitchen knife
- frying pan
- chopping board
- wooden spoon
- pastry brush
- Optional – you can get your exact measurements pre-packaged ready-to-go ingredients box for this pizza recipe from my online store
- Cut up all your vegetables as illustrated in the picture. Prepare your pizza dough and pizza sauce. Set them aside and allow the pizza sauce to cool.
- Get your pizza pan ready.
- Heat oil in pan (2 tbsp). Add garlic (2 cloves, chopped), onions ( 1/2 small, diced into rings) and curry powder (1 tsp). Saute for about 2 minutes. Add carrots ( 1 large, diced), broccoli (1 1/2 cups) and cauliflower (1 1/2 cups). Fry until just about cooked, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms (1 cup oyster mushrooms) and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt (1 tsp). Remove from heat and set aside, allowing the topping to cool.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 330 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 4. Fan assisted ovens- 150 degrees Celsius. Grease your pizza pan with some pure vegetable/olive oil using the pastry brush.
- Place your pizza dough onto the pizza pan and coat it with a generous, even amount of the pizza sauce. I used the back of a tablespoon to spread the sauce. You may use anything that’s convenient to you.
- Add the cooled vegetable toppings and the sliced olives (3 tbsp).
- Finally, for the finishing touch, add the grated cheese (200g Italian mozzarella cheese). Bake in preheat oven for about 12-15 minutes. And that’s it! Enjoy 🙂
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Go ahead and try it out! Let me know how it goes when you do 🙂 Enjoy! P/s If you worry ingredients (or shopping time) will be an issue for you, I recommend my convenient ingredients box available for order in my online store. Finally, get alerts by email on new recipes as soon as they are published on the blog. Sign-up here.