- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oil for frying
Samoosas are one of those things that when you get the hang of how they’re made, you’ll never forget! Pretty much like riding a bicycle or driving a car 🙂 Practise makes perfect, so even if you don’t get it right the first time, keep at it and soon you’ll be able to do them with your eyes closed, well almost 😀
These vegetable samoosas where yum, my family enjoyed them, for the most part! My 5 year old daughter was the only one who had difficulty as she doesn’t really like peas, but I’d say she did well as she had three samoosas all at one go! (Of course like all mums, I told her peas are good and healthy for you so eat up!)
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Rolling Pin
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Pastry brush
- Get everything you’ll need together. Chop your carrots, onions and potatoes.
- Heat oil in pan. Fry the potatoes until golden brown.
- Add carrots and cook for about 3 minutes. Add peas and cook again for another 3 minutes. Finally add the onions and garlic. Season with salt and curry powder. Let this cook for a further 2 minutes.
- When the filling is ready, check seasoning then adjust accordingly, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool. In the meantime, prepare your samoosa dough. For this CLICK HERE where I did the beef samoosas and follow steps 6 through to 15. They illustrate how the dough is made as well as the folding.
- When the dough is no longer hot, fold your samoosas, putting in the vegetable filling.
- Your samoosas are ready to be cooked. You can either bake them or if you’re pressed of time, fry them.
- Fry/Bake until golden brown in colour. Place on grease-proof paper and keep in a warm dry place until required. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
There you have it. Your vegetarian samosas are ready. You can enjoy them as there are or with a sweet-chilli sauce dip. Let me know how it goes once you’ve tried them.