- 1.2 kg mazondo (cow heels)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cchopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- Large pot
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1.2 kg mazondo (cow heels)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, cchopped
1 tsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp curry powder
- Put your cleaned heels in a pot. Add enough water to just cover the mazondo. Season with 1 tsp salt. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a very gentle simmer.
- Allow to cook for about 3 hrs or until the mazondo are lovely and tender but still holding up their shape. Drain any excess fat that may have come out from the cow heels during the cooking (leaving only about 2 tbsp).
- Add chopped onion, curry powder, tomato and tomato paste to the pot together with 100 ml of water (if the water in the pot is finished).
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and allow to simmer until the tomatoes and onions are cooked and the soup is not runny. (if you find your soup is runny, mix 1 tsp of flour with water to make a paste then pour into the pot. Give a good stir and allow to simmer for another 5 min).
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!