- 1 kg fish fillets
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
This was another one of my experimenting moments in the kitchen. I needed to do something different with my fish other than baking, coating in seasoned flour then frying or stewing. So I decided to play around with some ingredients and hoped for the best! It worked out well. The fish was moist and tender, bursting on the seems with flavour!! My family thoroughly enjoyed it. As I’ve heard some people saying, it was “Mudya ndakasungwa” 😀
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Oven tray
- Spatula (Egg lifter)
- Get your ingredients ready. These are 1 kg fish fillets; 2 tbsp mayonnaise; 1 tsp paprika; 1/2 tsp ground ginger; 4 cloves garlic, chopped; 1 tsp ginger, chopped; 1 tsp salt; 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- Put all the ingredients save for the fish into a bowl. Mix well.
- Add your fish fillets to the seasoned mayonnaise.
- Cover with cling wrap and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a lovely golden brown colour is achieved. Turn the fillets gently half way through the cooking using the spatula.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Avoid turning the fish a lot when it’s cooking as fish fillets are fragile and could break up on you. Serve with a lemon wedge together with your preferred vegetable and starch from sadza to rice, pasta or potatoes. Give it a go and do remember to leave a comment below, it would be great hearing from you.