- 8 cups cooked rice
- 1 tin corned meat
- 1/2 can sweetcorn
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Pure vegetable oil for frying
- Get your ingredients ready.Chopped red, green and yellow pepper (1/4 of each pepper bell), 3 eggs beaten, drained canned sweetcorn (1/2 can), chopped corned meat (1 tin) and cooked rice (8 cups). Heat oil in pan, add garlic (3 cloves, chopped) and swirl the pan to flavour the oil. Add eggs and fry until they are just about done.
- When the eggs are done, remove them from pan and put in a plate and set aside. Add onions (1 onion, cut into rings) to the same pan and sweat them (30 seconds). Add the peppers and stir. Add the carrots (1/2 carrot, grated) right away and again, stir.
- Add your sweet corn and corned meat and stir until it’s just mixed. Add the rice and combine everything well, being careful not to break up the corned meat. Lastly, take your set aside eggs and add them to the pan. Mix and give a quick taste for seasoning. Adjust with salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) and your meal is ready.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
So that’s all there is to it. It’s a pretty quick fix and yummy too. Try it out on that laid-back day or even when you do feel like cooking and you’ll enjoy it. Remember to drop back in and leave your comment after you’ve tried it out. Come along on the ZimboKitchen mailing list to receive recipes in your inbox. Sign-up here. Thanks!