- 250g nyimo (black-eyed peas), cooked
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp pure cooking oil
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Potato masher
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include 250g nyimo (black-eyed peas), cooked; 1/2 small onion, chopped; 1/2 tsp salt; 1/2 tsp white pepper; 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped; 3 cloves garlic, chopped; 2 tbsp soy sauce and 3 tbsp pure cooking oil.
- Put the nyimo in a bowl. Mash them up lightly with the potato masher; leaving some still in tact, don’t let it all become too mushy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Lightly rub your hands with oil. Scoop a bit of the mixture using a tablespoon into your hands.
- Flatten and shape it into a patty. Repeat process until the mixture is finished.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the patties.
- Fry until golden brown on either side (about 2 min on each side)
- Put in a warm place until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Easy as a,b,c. Give them a go and let me know how it works in your kitchen by leaving a comment below.