- 500g dried sugar beans
- 600ml beef stock
- 100ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 120 ml BBQ sauce
- 120 ml tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Good sized pot
- Casserole/ Oven proof dish
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Get your ingredients together. These include 500 g dried sugar beans; 600 ml beef stock; 100 ml Worcestershire sauce; 1 tsp salt; 3 garlic cloves; 120 ml BBQ sauce; 120 ml tomato sauce; 2 tbsp Dijon mustard and 3 tbsp granulated sugar.
- Put the sugar beans in your pot. Add the beef stock, garlic , 50 ml Worcestershire sauce and salt. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer until the beans are tender.
- When the sugar beans are cooked through and tender, add the rest of the ingredients, i.e. 120 ml BBQ sauce; 120 ml tomato sauce; 2 tbsp Dijon mustard; 50 ml Worcestershire sauce and 3 tbsp granulated sugar. save for the borewors. Give a gentle mix, ensuring that everything is well combined.
- Pour the now jazzed up beans into your casserole dish.
- Slice up the borewors into thin slices and layer them on top of the beans.
- Bake uncovered at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 min or until the sausage is cooked through. Enjoy!
You can serve this with with your preferred starch and vegetable, here I served it up with some rice, peas and carrots.