- 1 loaf of bread
- Margarine/butter for spreading
- 100g cooking chocolate,
- 200ml fresh cream
- 500ml milk
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 6 bananas, sliced
- Strawberries to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Handful castor sugar
- Oven proof dish
- Measuring jug
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Table knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 loaf of bread
Margarine/butter for spreading
100g cooking chocolate,
200ml fresh cream
3 tbsp custard powder
6 bananas, sliced
Strawberries to garnish (optional)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Handful castor sugar
- Lightly grease your ovenproof dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take your bread slices and cut off the crusts on all sides. Slice the bread diagonally into triangles. Spread some butter/margarine onto each triangular slice.
- Layer the bread in one single layer in whichever pattern you prefer at the bottom of the prepared ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate evenly over it. Top with bananas then pour 100 ml fresh cream over this first layer.
- Repeat process until the bread slices and bananas are finished.
- Mix the custard powder with 50 ml milk at first. Add the rest of the milk then pour this mixture over the bread and butter mixture.
- Bake in preheat oven for 30-40 min or until the top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle the castor sugar and ground cinnamon on top. Bake for a further 5-10 min. Enjoy!