- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain (all purpose) flour
- 300 ml - 400 ml chicken/beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- Half tsp black pepper
There are so many ways to make gravy. Here’s one of the simplest ways I like to prepare mine. It’s more or less in the same manner as preparing white sauce, only that this time we’ll be using chicken or beef stock. Whichever you’ll be having available. I’ll share the other ways of making gravy as we go along! I just thought we’d start with this most basic and simplest one.
- Gravy boat (contact me to get one such as mine here)
- Measuring jug
- Get ingredients together. These include; 1 tbsp margarine
1 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp plain (all purpose) flour
300 ml – 400 ml chicken/beef stock
1 tsp salt
Half tsp black pepper
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and fry until aromatic.
- Add flour and stir for about a minute.
- Add the stock whilst whisking simultaneously (to avoid lumps forming). Add salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, whilst whisking still until gravy is smooth and velvety.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat and that’s it! Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Enjoy drizzled over potatoes or rice!