- 2 medium madhumbe
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp margarine/oil/butter
- Large pot
- Frying pan
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping board
- Wash the madhumbe (2 medium sized ones) and put them in a pot
- Add enough water to just cover the madhumbe
- Bring to the boil until soft enough to be pricked by a table knife. Allow to cool then peel.
- Cut the now peeled madhumbe into medium sized (2-3cm) rings. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt on them.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil, margarine/ butter in pan. Add the madhumbe rings and fry each side for about 2 min or until slightly golden brown.
- Taste seasoning and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!